Many fad diets promise a whole lot of things including losing your love handles through twists, crunches and so on. Well, in reality it is not possible to get rid of love handles which is basically stubborn fat stored near your back and belly with such moves. In order to lose love handles for good, it is necessary to follow a comprehensive diet and weight management program which is based on full body workouts and dietary changes.
If you follow a diet that is less than 1200 calories, it may not be adequate in terms of nutrition. Also, it is too low and becomes difficult to sustain over a period of time. Some of the best foods for eliminating love handles have been listed below which can be added in your diet.
- Protein: Some of the best sources of protein includes eggs, chicken, ground turkey, salmon, lean meat and tuna.
- Complex Carbs: Some of the best examples of complex carbs include sweet potatoes, oats, brown rice, quinoa and whole grain pasta.
- Healthy Fats: Almonds, avocado, pecans, cashews, almonds hummus and coconut oil are some of the best sources of healthy fats which should be added in your diet.
- Vegetable Sources: When it comes to veggies, you can eat any vegetable as per your liking. However, spinach, kale, watercress, beet greens and chard are some of the fat burning foods to name a few. Most nutritionists recommend eating vegetables at every meal.
- Fruit Sources: Raspberries, tomatoes, avocado, blackberries, strawberries and watermelon are the best examples for fruits with low sugar. For effective weight loss results, you should have 2 servings of fresh fruits daily. Avoid dried fruits as they contain high amount of sugar.
- Portion Size: Be mindful about the portion size. Once you understand the importance of portion control, you will soon succeed in getting rid of those love handles.
The perfect diet suggestion for losing love handles
- 1 whole egg with 2 egg whites scrambled with onions, peppers, spinach and coconut oil
- ½ cup of cooked oats with cinnamon and water
- A cup of coffee with almond milk
- A smoothie with kale, whey protein, kale, and almond milk
- A cup of green tea
- A salad with spinach, tomatoes, avocados, peppers, vinegar, oil and chicken breast
- ½ sweet potato
- One cup of green tea
- Whey protein and apple shake
- A salad made of leafy greens with vinegar and oil
- Salmon with garlic asparagus and lemon
- 2 Scrambled egg whites (You can skip this meal if you are not hungry before sleep time)
Follow these diet suggestions and perform regular workouts. However, before you start any workout or diet program, it is important to speak to a dietician and a personal trainer. They will be in a best position to assess your workout plan and diet to help you lose those love handles effectively and safely. All in all, these are some of the useful ways through which you can lose those love handles and never see them again. You will lose them gracefully.